Monday, June 21, 2010

Back To Sewing

The thing I hate most is domestic chores. I know most people do, but I am really bad at cleaning (I'm serious). However, I do enjoy yard work. Typically, my husband and I split the chores that way. He likes laundry and I like mowing - it works. Unfortunately, I have been a bit preoccupied this spring and decided to ignore the backyard - very bad idea! Issue: we have an insane amount of blackberry bushes. Wait, why do they call them bushes? They are vines! Long, thorny, attach-to-everything vines. And I LOATHE them. Anyway, we have a lot and i spent the weekend trimming - actually, cutting and ripping is a more accurate description. I should mention that I am not one of those people that wants to have a 'manicured' lawn (front or back) and my idea of perfection is not an orderly garden and shrubbery. I prefer the wild flower look and it's important for me to leave the weeds and stuff for the birds. However, the blackberries were out of control! But I did find this neat little guy - according to all the websites I searched, it seems he is a white-marked tussock caterpillar. I still have some yard work to do but this is my day of rest and I am getting back to my sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment