Sunday, July 4, 2010

Vintage Patterns!!

So I went to work on Friday at the art center and discovered a huge stash of vintage patterns - I'm talking at least 6 boxes. I've wanted to try making clothes for awhile now but didn't know where to start. I didn't want to spend the money on a pattern because I really don't understand them (math and I aren't the best of friends). Besides, I seem to learn best when I take the DIY approach, using patterns or instructions as a trouble-shooting guide. However, I couldn't resist taking a couple to try  - what a great job perk! Now for the even better news...

I found out that the center has been trying to get rid of them. They had a yard sale fundraiser in June but nobody was interested in buying the patterns. Money is tight for all non-profits with the economy and budget cuts so I suggested posting them online and asking for a small donation plus the cost of shipping. So... if you're interested, let me know and we can figure out the details. I will be away from July 9th - 24th but if you don't need them right away I can send them out when I return. Feel free to pass this on to someone you think would be interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment