Wednesday, January 19, 2011

What I Did On Christmas Vacation

What did I do during the holidays? Well, besides eating too much, I decided to learn a new craft. Whenever I go to Jersey to visit my family and friends, I tend to get out of my creative routine. Things are so hectic, that by the time I drive back to VA I am exhausted. It takes me forever to get back into the normal groove of daily life. And what suffers the most? That's right, my creative projects. But not this year! This year I was determined to stay crafty while visiting.

Unfortunately, I really can't continue my sewing projects while I'm away because there's just too much stuff I'd have to bring with me. That meant I'd have to come up with something portable. And why not learn something new? Hmm... learn a new portable craft... (I'm sure you can see where this is going). Of course there was only one answer - KNITTING/CROCHETING!

Yes, I admit, this was the perfect opportunity to learn some yarn-craft. When I was a kid, my mom tried to teach me how to crochet but I just wasn't into it. Now that I am thirty sev  twenty-eight, I was ready. So, armed with some yarn and a few needles, my mother taught me some basic stitches and here are the results.



The one at the top left was the first one I made (then the brown multi and then the green and tan). The green and tan hat was made for my husband. He promised he'd wear it. We'll see...


Why would I want to take on yet another crafty hobby? A few months ago I posted this. Now I'm not saying that this is going to become my new guilty pleasure, but I have started the designs for my cape!

No comments:

Post a Comment